1. The average person has 100,000 – 150,000 strands of hair.
2. On average, you shed around 50-150 strands of hair a day.
3. Hair is the second fastest growing tissue in the body after bone marrow.
4. A healthy strand of hair can stretch an additional 30% when it’s wet.
5. A new hair begins to grow as soon as it is plucked from its follicle.
6. At different times, 90% of hair is growing, while the other 10% is resting.
7. A single hair has a lifespan of about five years.
8. A strand of hair is stronger than a copper wire with the same diameter.
9. When we are cold or scared, goosebumps happen when the muscle for each hair strand contracts.
10. Hair is made up of mostly keratin, the same substance that makes up most of horses hooves, mane, and tail.