I post a lot of serious advice and information on my website so today I wanted to share of few of my experiences’ over my long hairdressing career.
Yes all of these have happened and still do happen to me and after so many years in the industry I no longer believe the customer is always right and I will tell them the truth.
I refer to myself as marmite you either love me or hate me .
But the truth will prevail
1. Your hair is NOT curly because of the perm you had 12 years ago. The un grown root inside your scalp was not there 12 years ago and did not and has not magically absorb and reactivated the perm lotion from 12 years ago. However over the last 12 years your hormones have changed and caused a change within your body causing you hair and skin and possibly body shape to change
2. “My fringe has not grown this time” 6 months without a haircut when the rest of your hair has grown a good few inches and there are no highlights left on your fringe. NO way on earth did I cut your fringe like that, for starters I dont drink nor am I blind. Just be honest and say oops I chopped it myself. A two hour appointment of you digging yourself out of the “hole of lies” is painful. I know you did it
3. You would like a radical new restyle and have screenshot a handful of photos from the internet of the most beautiful celebrities and models you could find. All of whom have had hours of time with a professional stylist and makeup artist to look like that. You have fine hair and don’t want to spend any time fiddling with it every day. Every one of the picture you have found are blow-dried to an inch of its life and lots of product added to stay in place. When I explain this to you and your reply is “well cant you cut it so it stays in that style , or can you cut so it is thick” NO NO NO. Please if you cant listen to my advice go elsewhere and I will see you again when to contact me to say “help” someone else has cut my hair and you cant manage it
4. After having a full head tint for the 1st time in your life, Contacting me 2 weeks later to say your roots are a different colour now and you wanted a permanent colour. What can i say, firstly in your consultation I would of explained to you that you will get regrowth every 3 to 6 weeks and it will need redoing regularly. If you did not understand that your hair would continue to grown though your scalp as the original colour i would suggest you walk into a dark room and bang your head against a wall until you knock some common-sense into yourself.
5. Asking for one, two or three more layers when I have suggested shorter layers.. Roar. If I gave you the 7 layers you have just asked for, your hair will look like a staircase with nice deep line going around your head.
6. Asking if I will charge you less money as your just having a trim and NOT a real hair cut or if i would charge less money as they are children is actually insulting . I will still being sectioning it, to cut it and it will still take me the same amount of time. And as for childrens haircuts I think I should be able to charge 10x more, I have 100% more chance of losing a finger or them losing an ear as most kids don’t stay still for more that 6 minutes and it takes a lot longer £££££
7. Once you arrive for a haircut telling me you haven’t washed your hair for 8 days because you were coming to me will make me gag. Come on, The minute the warm water hits your dirty hair it WILL stink. I’m not asking for you to arrive with super clean hair but when I begin to shampoo your hair and the dead skin from your scalp is sticking under my fingernail and 3 shampoos later your hair still hasn’t laved up. its gross. Yes if you having a colour I do prefer it unclean as the foils don’t slip but that means a few days unwashed not a week or two.
8. Calling me up to say you have found a cheaper hairdresser and want your record card colour details. Computer says NO love. If they have any training at all they should be able to look at your hair in a consultation and know what you have. I haven’t spent the last year perfecting your colour tone just to hand over to someone else. Your not just paying for the appointment on the day your paying for my knowledge, experience and skills.
9. If you are sat at the basin having you hair washed you will be wrapped in a towel and a grown with a sponge neck rest attached to the basin. And you will be asked if you are comfortable. If you then continue to raise your head to look at your text message or even take a phone call YES you will end up wet. Water tend to make your clothes wet if you allow it to run down your back. No i will not apologize about my incompetent trainee as she is not incompetent , I will however tell you that you are a twat
10. After requiring a bright hair colour like red and being given a colour care sheet to take home and follow do not tell me it has faded after a few washes and that you followed the sheet. I know you used cheap shampoo, hot water and hot styling equipment. And its been 7 days and you washed it 4 times why , why , why. email@example.com>”>
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR FRESH HAIR COLOR 🧐🤩
1. Don´t wash your hair for 24 hours after colouring.
2. Use our SULFATE-FREE shampoos
3. Wash your use lukewarm.
4. Use dry shampoo.
5. If you have leftover hair colour as conditioner ,
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
Too true!! 🙂 xxx